Who is a promoter? How much a promoter earns in an event | Weekend Jobs or Part time jobs for Students
Event promoter also called entertainment promoter is an individual who works for marketing but in totally different form. The person is responsible for creating interests of people in the events which are held live. These events can be concerts, music events, sports events, corporate events, social events, performance in night clubs or festivals.
In general terms these promoters are basically salesperson. They are contractors who work on independent basis for different organizations or businesses. They normally do not work for only one single company or business. These people might not be professionally trained personnel. Work experience of such people is not counted what matters the most is their body language and skills to convince other people. Event promoter can be anyone possessing these skills whether they are college students or people who are willing to work part-time.
- Marketing and business study – However it is not necessary to earn a degree in marketing or business to start a career as event promoter but gaining knowledge is never a loss rather it adds to the expertise in the field. If your future plan is to join a college or if you have already enrolled yourself to a college than keep the subjects related to marketing as your major one so that it creates a good impression or impact when you present your resume to any organization.
- Look for employment in events – It’s good if you are pursuing a bachelor’s degree or equivalent but do look for getting yourself a chance to work in some events so that it creates additional impact on your resume and moreover, having live experience always adds on to the knowledge that you cannot get in a classroom setting. You need to settle yourself for the sphere which attracts your interest the most and then apply for any post in the event which you find relevant and appropriate for yourself.
- Focus on events from a learner’s perspective – After you have got the opportunity to work in any event then focus on all the processes happening around you from a learner’s point of view. Live experiences always teach you more than books can ever do. Do your work appropriately so that you can become successful in gaining a reputation of a reliable worker.
- Seek advancement – No matter at what position or with which company’s association you have started your work, always strive to improve your skills and position.
- Build up your contacts – Try and create contacts with people who belong to the same industry, people who are superior to you in position or people who worked along with you and even those who you do not know. This will create more and more opportunity for you and helps you in getting familiar with the main and important people in this field.
- Setting up of your own business – Another method can be of setting up of your individual business. Being a fresher to this industry,it requires lots and lots of study and research. Discovering every advantage and disadvantage of this industry, finding out the capital required to start your own entity, manpower requirements and many more factors are required to be studied in order to run a successful business.
Earning of the promoters depend on the company and the type of event. They may get on daily basis until the event lasts or a whole stipulated amount that was decided prior to the event.
Many students search for temporary jobs but cannot find a proper source for it. Gurdasmal Hospitality & Consultancy service is one such prominent source which provides weekend or part-time jobs to the students or anyone in need. The company also provides with hostess, male promoters, female promoters and hall supervisors. It is the best manpower service provider in Delhi & NCR.
The company also deals with providing services in the field of Healthcare, Wellness, Tourism and Hospitality. It is working in association with Indian Chambers representing the Indian Industry in various fields to promote India as the destination for Services exports. The company also organizes / co-organizes / provides services in Exhibitions, Trade Fair, Convention, and Conferences etc.
Check out company’s work.
Stay tuned for all the latest information!